If you do not have a laptop or a desktop, still you can configure the network router on Wi-Fi, if at all that option is there. For this, you can use your smartphone or tablet pc. Make sure to be on the same network as your router. If your internet router’s default IP address is 192.168.0.1, then by following the steps given here and login into the configuration panel, you will be able to access the router login.
Let us understand it with the following steps-
1. First of all, you need to be sure if the device is connected to the network wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
2. Then, open the web browser so that you can use and access the internet.
3. Now, in the address bar, type this- http://192.168.0.1
4. Now enter the default username and the password for the router’s configuration page.
5. After you enter the login details, you will be logged into the configuration page, and then you will be able to make the changes accordingly.
By following the guide given above, you will easily access the router login to 192.168.0.1 without any hassle.
To log in to your router, you need to know its IP address. You can find that using the ipconfig tool in Windows, which we’ll explain below. You can also find the address on your phone by looking at the wifi details, which, again, we’ll show you how to do below.
- After finding out this information, you will almost certainly need the router’s admin password, and that should be printed on a label on the router itself.
- If someone has changed the default password, you’ll need to ask them for it or reset the router to factory settings.
- If you can’t access your router via wifi, connect an Ethernet cable between your router and your PC or laptop.
Log In To The Router.
Armed with the router’s IP address, open a web browser and type the default gateway number – in our case 192.168.3.1 – into the address bar, then press Enter. Don’t add https:// before the IP address.
Standard Router IP Addresses Are:
- 192.168.1.254 (BT Home Hubs)
- In rare cases, you might need to add a colon and a port number at the end (such as 192.168.0.1:443), but most home routers won’t need this.
You should now see the login screen for your router. You will probably be asked to enter an admin password to make any changes to the router’s settings. This should be printed on the router, but if you changed it, enter that password instead.
Why only 192.168.0.1?
The default IP address of any router is a private IP address. Every private IP address is different from the public IP address. You cannot use a private IP address as a public IP address. Neither you can use a public IP address as a private IP address.
There is a defined range of private IP addresses, and 192.168.0.1 is one of them. IANA (The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) has defined the range of private IP address as below:
- 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
- 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
- 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255