Default Login For: 192.168.5.200
To access the admin page type 192.168.1.254 into your web browser's address bar or click on the link
Default logins for 192.168.5.200
- Connect the router and device via an ethernet cable. To connect to the wi-fi, double-check the device you wish to work on.
- Open your Web browser and write the IP address of the router in the address bar. You will find it on the back of your carrying router. If the address fails, you will have to grab your router manual. The correct IP is listed as the Default Gateway.
- By accessing the Admin panel, it’s time to enter your router’s default username and password. You can try out the login credentials below. For admin the default values are:
If none of the above is successful, enter the name of your Router to your browser to find your default username and password. You should be directed to the configuration page of the models on which you can manage the network and router settings.
- In case you forget your password Try to update the password of your router. To do this, for about 10 seconds, press and hold the little black button located at the back of your router. This will reset the router to settings in the factory.
- If the login page does not load, make sure that the device you are using connects to the wi-fi. You will also have to check for whether the default IP address is attached to the wrong router.
- Often pages may have loading problems or speed problems. In this situation, the network would typically use a different IP address. If this happens, please check the IP address list and locate the correct address.
About the 192.168.5.200 IP Address
Not many people know their router IP because in most cases there is only one situation you need the IP 192.168.5.200. That is while the setup process executed by a technician. So you never get in contact with 192.168.5.200. But sometimes you want to change the SSID (WiFi network name), the WiFi-Password or the parental controls. Then you need the IP 192.168.5.200. After logging into your router you'll see the navigation panel where you are able to manage the data traffic, see statistics and configure the router settings.
It's default login IP that is reserved for modems or wireless routers. By typing 192.168.5.200 (NOT 192.168.o.1) in the address bar of your browser you will get access to the admin interface of your router. 192.168.5.200 is mostly used by brands like D-Link, Netgear or TP-LINK . It's not the only standard IP for routers. There are dozens of different IPs like 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.254 that were used to access your wireless router, Cable Gateway or DSL Wireless Router control panel. Such a standard IP is also called Default Gateway IP.
Router IP Lookup 192.168.5.200
- Follow this route
- Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Now in the command prompt window enter following commands one by one
- ipconfig | findstr/i "Gateway"
- You will see something like this:
- C:\Documents and Settings\administrator> ipconfig | findstr/i "Gateway" Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.l.l
- Thus here your default IP is 192.168.5.200 though it looks like 192.168.l.l
- Go to terminal and open it follow this route
- Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app
- Once the terminal is open input this commands
- netstat - nr | grep default
- This would give you the following result
- tmeo$ netstat - nr | grep default default 192.168.5.200 UGSc 50 46 en1
- This shows the default IP address of router is 192.168.l.l
Unix and Linux
- Open the termina. You can simply find it on the desktop or by searching it in the search bar.
- Click Applications > System Tools > Terminal.
- When terminal opens, type in following commands
- ip course | grep default
- These command will give you result like this
- temo$ ip course | grep default default by means of 192.168.l.l dev eth0 proto static
- Thus again you can see the system gives the default IP address of router 192.168.l.l
No access to 192.168.5.200? This is how the router login works!
Despite entering the IP address 192.168.5.200 or 192.168.2.1 in the browser, the router login does not work? We bring you in 3 steps to the router menu.
Nowadays it is much easier to set up a new router than to configure the old one. New WLAN routers come along with activated and already secured WLAN.
The password can usually be found on a small sticker on the bottom of the device. Some of these stickers even still have the user name, password and the default IP address – often 192.168.5.200, 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1. With an older router, however, things look different. Or the password has been changed in the meantime. Our tips will help here to users who need in router and IP based networks.
How to get access to your router: 3 steps
Find the IP address of the router
Open the command line in Windows. The fastest way to do this is to press the Windows key and R simultaneously. Now type cmd in the line that opens and confirm. Now type ipconfig into the opened window and confirm again. Windows will then list all installed network adapters. This includes the current IP address of your router. It is the number behind the entry “Default gateway”. (Besides “ipconfig” there are, by the way, some other useful network commands with which you can analyze WLAN and router problems.)
Use cable instead of WLAN (optional)
If you can no longer log into your router via WLAN using 192.168.5.200, it is best to connect your computer and the router using a network Ethernet cable. A notebook computer is advantageous here, as you can carry it directly to the router – the cable may not be long enough to connect your desktop PC.
Enter IP address correctly in your browser
Now open your web browser and enter this number – in our case it was not 192.168.5.200 but 192.168.1.254 – in the address line. Confirm with Enter. Do not type http:// in front of it – otherwise you will only get an error message.
If you do not see the login screen of your router, for example the Fritzbox, at this point, it may be because the IP address has been entered manually. You can check this in the Windows Network and Sharing Center, located under Control Panel, Network and Internet (Windows 7). In Vista, Windows 8, and Windows 10, you’ll find the Center in a similar way.
Now click on “Change adapter settings” and right-click on the following connection to the router. Select “Properties” from the context menu. In the pop-up list, find the entry “Internet Protocol Version 4” and select “Properties”. Make sure that “Obtain IP address automatically” is selected. The same applies to the DNS server address.
Change Your Router’s Login Information. To do this, you must first login to the admin panel of your router and we have already explained the steps to login. When you login, click on Settings and choose the option of reset password. Now you can type your new password and don’t forget to save the setting before logging out of your router.
- To change the IP address of your router, first you need to login by entering the username and password of your router.
- When you login, you go to its settings and click on Setup and then choose Network Setup. We have already told you how to go to the setting in the “HOW TO LOGIN” section.
- Now you have to go the router setting and type the new IP address.
Every router have Reset, Restart, or Reboot button by which you can reset your router but you should use it in a rare case because by doing this your router’s factory will reboot and all the settings of your router will be default which means that the router’s setting which you had kept will be changed to default. So instead of doing this you should just unplug your router and modem from the power source, leave them for about a minute, and then plug them back in.
IP Address 192.168.5.200: Explanation
There are two systems by which IP addresses can be created. At present, the most common system is IPv4. Here, the address contains four different parts, each of which contains a specific digit. In the advanced successor system IPv6 there are even six parts. Each of these parts is called an octet and consists of a number between 0 and 255, which corresponds to one byte. The individual parts are separated from each other by a dot, resulting in IP addresses such as 127.0.0.1. This is a decimal notation, also called dotted decimal notation. Internally, however, the computer works with a binary notation.
One of the two groups contains all IP addresses that are permitted for communication on the Internet. The other group includes all IP addresses reserved for local networks. This group consists of all addresses from the ranges 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 and 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255.
To be able to access the Internet with your computer, you need a network card and a so-called IP address. The abbreviation “IP” means “Internet Protocol”. If you are connected with your PC to a computer network, such as the Internet, and want to communicate and exchange data with other devices in the same network, this only works with the help of an IP address.
An IP address can be thought of like a normal postal address. It consists of a network part and a device part, whereby the two parts can be of different lengths in the individual groups. If you look at the above- mentioned ranges for private IP addresses, you can see in the first range that the network part consists of the number 10. In the last area, the network part is somewhat longer. It is composed of the number combination 192.168.
The IP addresses are divided into five different groups, with the most significant bit in the most significant byte determining the group to which they belong. These five groups are often combined into two groups, though some exceptions, such as the address 127.0.0.1, which can only be used to communicate with your own computer, should not be forgotten.
The post office will then forward your letter and also send you a reply if your relative writes back to you. For this to work, however, you need to know where the post office is located. Transferred to your router, this means that you (or rather your computer) must know its IP address on the local network. This is where the address 192.168.5.200 comes in, because many router manufacturers, such as D-Link and Netgear, use this address as the default local address.
You may encounter the IP address 192.168.5.200 if you have a so-called DSL router at home, which allows you to access the Internet with several devices over a single line. Such a router is basically a computer that contains two network cards. With one network card it establishes the connection to the Internet. With the other network card it can connect to the devices in your home, for example your PC or game console. In this local network, however, it must be accessible with a special IP address that is known to all connected computers. If you send data to the router, you can imagine the procedure as if you were writing a letter to a distant relative. In order for this letter to reach the other end of Germany, you have to bring it to the post office.
If you are not sure whether the address 192.168.5.200 is really the default address of the router, you can check this using the input console. To do this, open the start menu of your computer. If you are working with Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can already see the search field. In Windows XP you must first click on the “Run” entry in the Start menu. Now enter “cmd” in the field. A new window will open in which you have to enter the command “ipconfig”.
A firewall can be connected between the two network cards to check incoming and outgoing data packets and block them if necessary. The second network card also has an IP address that is visible on the Internet for all other connected devices and that only exists once. With this address your data packet is forwarded to your relative. If you want to change the internal IP address of your router, simply enter the default address in your browser. You may now be asked to enter a password and a user name. You can find this information in the manual of the device. The management console of the router will then open. As long as this address is only used on networks that are cut off from each other, it can be used on any number of networks. So the data packet sent by your computer, which also has its own IP address, arrives at the router’s local address. From here your data is forwarded to the second network card of the router.