Without understanding, whats does VPN mean you wouldn’t be able to understand this review. So, First of all, you should understand what is VPN. VPN is an acronym for virtual private network. Basically, VPN helps you to hide your actual IP address due to which nobody can find your actual location and you become secure online. Apart from giving you security VPN also used for unblocking the shows or websites that can’t be accessed from your country.
Why Hotspot Shield VPN:
Hotspot Shield VPN was launched in 2008 and since then it has been really excellent with its service. If you are new then you can try its free version and if you find its service good then you can upgrade to paid service. Hotspot Shield VPN offers you its free application.
The perfect option for:
- It will be a perfect choice for streaming Netflix and Hulu.
- A great choice for torrenting and downloading.
- For securing privacy.
- One of the best thing about this VPN is that it offers a free version.
- Hotspot Shield VPN offers long term affordable plans.
- Another best thing about Hotspot Shield VPN is that it offers 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Fast speed with excellent performance.
- A good option for non-technical persons.
- With the free version, you can connect the unlimited device.
- They keep a track of data logs.
- The free version is not that useful.
- You won’t be able to unblock US shows available on Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
- They share your data with third parties.
- There is no advance customization.
There is a free version available and to use the free version you won’t need to register. For paid version, there are three plans which is €12.99 a monthly plan, €95.88 annual plan and €107.64 for 3-year plan. The monthly plan is not quite affordable but you can consider the annual plan.
- You can subscribe to paid plans from its application.
- If you subscribe for the paid plan from the desktop application you will get 45 days money-back guarantee.
- If you subscribe for the paid plan from its browser extension then you will get 30 days money-back guarantee.
- After submitting the payment details you can get 7 days free trial.
- Its performance is quite smooth.
- It is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and other major browsers.
- With its free version, you can only connect to the US server.
- Allows you to configure language options.
- With the browser extension, you won’t be able to connect with the US or UK server.
- Offers 12 server locations.
- After testing the Hotspot Shield VPN, downloading and uploading speed is quite good.
- IPv6 doesn’t leak and WebRTC was successful.
- The DNS were leaking in browser extension and in the desktop application wasn’t leaking.
- The desktop application will let you connect to the US server.
Talking about privacy, they sell your data to third parties. However, applications will tell you that they don’t keep logs, they keep your information confidential and don’t share your personal information. The free version supports ads redirect their customer to affiliated websites. Overall your data is not safe with Hotspot Shield VPN and they share their customers data to third parties.