TunnelBear VPN is a Canada based VPN service provider. TunnelBear VPN offers you up to 900 servers across 20 countries which is quite impressive. For security purposes and those who are beginners this is. TunnelBear VPN provides excellent privacy to their customers by keeping no logs.
Why choosing TunnelBear VPN
TunnelBear VPN doesn’t provide the largest servers to there customers but still, they provide acceptable speed and privacy. But if you want a VPN which is easy to use and hassle-free experience then this can be your right option. Another reason you can go for TunnelBear VPN is to provide security audits.
Most useful for
- TunnelBear VPN will be best for streaming Netflix and Hulu.
- A good option for Torrenting and downloading.
- Can be used for excellent security and privacy.
- TunnelBear VPN uses advance encryption and don’t keep data logs.
- With TunnelBear VPN you can connect up to five devices simultaneously.
- You will get 900 servers across 20 countries.
- An easy user interface which can be very useful for beginners.
- Provides acceptable speed with a reliable connection.
- You can unblock disney+.
- You will get a free trial with 500 MB data.
- There will not be DNS leak protection.
- They don’t provide any kill switch feature.
- There is no money-back guarantee.
- The distance servers will be slow.
- Will not unlock Netflix, iPlayer and Amazon Prime Video.
- They don’t provide much features.
Pricing and plan
Talking about pricing and plans, its pricing is quite affordable. Like every VPN service provider, they also have three plans. The monthly plan is for $9.99 which allows you to connect up to five devices at the same time. The one year plan is for $59.88 which means $4.99 for every month. The last plan is a two-year plan which will cost $99.99. TunnelBear VPN also offers a free trial so if you want to use for a limited period of time, you can use its free trial. They accept PayPal, credit cards, Mint, WebMoney, and some other options like Bitcoin.
- For signing up you will need to enter your email and apart from that, they won’t ask you for any other personal information.
- The desktop application has quite an impressive user interface.
- The location map, location and other settings are self-explanatory.
- You can use it on Win, Mac, Android, and iOS. They also have a browser extension for chrome and opera.
- The tech-support is ticket-based so you can expect some delay.
- They will secure your data with 256-bit encryption.
- They don’t provide features like kill switch, NAT firewall and DNS leak protection.
- You will be allowed to connect up to five devices with a paid plan.
- You will get 900 servers but you won’t be able to choose server because the application only lists locations.
- After testing the speed I noticed that with the US server the download speed decreased but with UK server the download speed were disappointing.
- As we previously mentioned that there is no DNS leak protection so as expected DNS was leaking.
- After testing IPv6 and WebRTC, we didn’t find any leaking.
- I was not able to unblock Netflix.
Privacy and security
Talking about privacy and security with TunnelBear VPN, your data will be secure because they don’t keep activity logs, session data and the websites you visit. They will ask you for your email Id and that’s it, they won’t ask you anything else. However, they will keep a track of the amount of data you are using per month and OS version of your device which is quite ok. Overall this is a great option for those who are new and don’t expect any advance features with their VPN provider.