Windscribe is an is a Canada-based VPN service provider which comes with an impressive set of features. It is easy to use and offers a free plan which makes it worth to try once. The free plan comes with 10GB monthly data limit.
The users who don’t want to spend money on VPN then they can go Windscribe free plan. If you like its free version and then want to use an advance feature then you can upgrade to a paid plan where you will get access to unlimited data and servers in 110 cities spread across 63 countries.
Why choosing Windscribe
Apart from the free version, Windscribe also offers a free trial so that if you like their service you can subscribe to their paid plan. For those who don’t want to spend on VPN then there is a free version too. It also a good choice if you want to use a VPN for privacy and security.
Most useful for
- You can use it for streaming Netflix and Hulu.
- Windscribe can be a good option for torrenting and downloading.
- Windscribe can be a great option for security and privacy purposes.
- Provides the best privacy and security.
- Excellent UI and have a tutorial features.
- You are allowed to connect unlimited device simultaneously.
- There is a free version available which allows 10GB per month of bandwidth.
- They also have provided browser extension.
- There is an application for iOS and Android devices.
- There is no live support available which is quite disappointing.
Pricing and plan
Now talking about pricing and plan, the Windscribe have a paid version as well as the free version. With the free version, the user will get 10GB per month of bandwidth and can connect one device. For the paid version, they have three plans which are $9 for a monthly subscription. $49 for the annual plan in which user will need to pay $4.08 per month and there is no plan for than 1-year subscription. This is not the cheapest VPN available in the market but you can consider, it is not so costly too. Windscribe also has three days money-back guarantee which is quite less in comparison to other VPN providers. But the cancellation process is easy and it is quite famous for free VPN trial.
- The first thing any user will notice that it is easy to set up and use with an easy user interface.
- To guide their customers and help them to use the platform they have provided well-made video tutorials.
- They secure their customers with a high level of privacy.
- There is no option to customize but it promises for great UI and they deliver it.
- With Windscribe’s plan, you are allowed to connect any number of devices.
- If you are after privacy and security then Windscribe is the one for you.
- There is a browser extension available for the major browser which provides ads block, trackers, rotates your user agent and so many other features.
- To all paid users Windscribe offers the port forwarding. Before, the user will have to buy a static IP to get the port forwarding benefits.
- With their iOS app, you will get Ikev2 and OpenVPN support, network whitelisting, Siri shortcuts, etc.
- Its Android application will provide you features like IKev2 and OpenVPN support, split routing, and dark mode.
- To prevent speed slow down try to use the nearest server.
- After testing the speed I noticed that speed was quite good.
- As we have mentioned already, the result of privacy and security was good. So, there was not any issue with privacy and security.
Privacy and security
As we have already mentioned that there is no issue with privacy and security so you can trust Windscribe. They only track bandwidth usage and apart from that, they don’t keep a track of browsing history. They use AES-256 cipher with SHA512 authentication and a 4096-bit RSA key to secure your data. So, now you can understand how much you are secured with Windscribe. If you are concerned about your internet activity then it will be completely secured.