Whenever you connect your device to the WiFi your device save the password of the WiFi. If you want to connect your other device with the same WiFi but you don’t know its password. You can find the password of that WiFi, the only condition is your first devices should be connected to that WiFi. Here are some steps by following which you can find the WiFi password.
How to find saved WiFi password on Windows
- Open the control panel on your device and find the Network and sharing centre.
- Then enter into the Network and sharing centre and click on your connected network name.
- After clicking on your currently connected network the new window will open.
- Now you will find the Wireless properties button on that window.
- Then another window will open where you will see the security tab on the top side of the window.
- After clicking on the security tab you will see the password of WiFi, you will need to check the box of show character to see the password.
How to find saved WiFi password on macOS
You can find the password of WiFi by opening the Keychain Access app because in macOS the password gets stored in Keychain. First of all, you will need to open the spotlight and to open the spotlight you will have to press Command+Space. Now you will have to search for keychain access. When keychain access option shows click on it and then keychain will be opened. Then search using the search bar of Keychain for the name of any Wi-Fi network you have connected to in the past. When name WiFi shows click on it and you will see the password of WiFi. Now click on the Show password box to see the password.
How to find saved WiFi password on iPhone
finding the WiFi password in iPhone is quite difficult because Apple never built the feature into iOS. If you have synced your iPhone’s Wi-Fi passwords with your iCloud Keychain, then you can see the WiFi password by following the instruction of “How to find saved WiFi password on macOS” written above in this article.
In case you don’t have macOS but your iPhone is jailbroken then you can go to Cydia and use “Wifi Passwords” tool to find the WiFi password.
How to find saved WiFi password on Android
You can easily find the WiFi password if you are using Android or above but if you are using the Android version below 10 then it will be difficult for you to find the password of WiFi. Here are steps to find the password of WiFi in Android version 10 or above.
- To find the WiFi password you will have to go to the setting of your mobile.
- Then you will find the Network & Internet option which you will need to select.
- Now select WiFi and then select the network in question.
- If currently you are not connected to the WiFi then you will need to go to the saved network to see other networks you’ve connected to in the past.
- Now tap on the share button and you will see your WiFi password below QR code.
In case you have below Android 10 then your phone should be rooted to know the WiFi password. If your phone is rooted then you will need to use root-friendly file explorer to find the WiFi password. You will just have to go to the /data/misc/wifi and open the wpa_supplicant.conf file. In that document, you will find the network name with their password.