ipconfig stands for Internet Protocol Configuration. Ipconfig is sometimes written as IPCONFIG. It is a command-line tool used to display a computer’s TCP / IP Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol network configuration. This refreshes DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) and the DNS (Domain Name System). The IP address of the DNS server is being used, and you know a lotIpconfig also shows you the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for all adapters. It is available for Microsoft Windows, ReactOS, and Apple macOS. ReactOS version was developed by Ged Murphy and acquired under the General Public License. If you are familiar with the Linux operating system, you will find it similar to the ifconfig tool. This tool is used to solve a network-related problem.
Characteristics of ipconfig
- IPCONFIG can be used to perform checksum processing for IPC4 packets.
- ipconfig provides you with the settings for the IPv4 IP layer for TCP / IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol).
- Using ipconfig, you can perform updates in all layers of TCP / IP.
- In this, the maximum length of the connection request queue is specified using ipconfig.
Advantages of ipconfig
- ipconfig can be used to refresh DHCP leases, rewrite DNS names, and request new IP addresses.
- This shows you the permission of all class IDs.
- ipconfig show you the complete configuration of the system.
- ipconfig DNS resolver displays cache information and can also flush them.
Disadvantages of ipconfig
- Beginners can be difficult to execute due to command line dependencies.
- Implementation is difficult with it being implemented on the console.
- It is much less efficient because it uses netlink sockets to transfer information between the kernel and the user.
- It requires memorization of commands, which is a very difficult task.