As users, we want to use our products and configure all our settings to full capacity. For the use of the Internet, the same is true. We need to know how our networks can stay safe, how we can improve our speed, and what methods we can use to implement some content filtering to protect our children from unsafe internet content. People are required to have more technical knowledge of routers to meet all these demands. We congratulate you on the efforts made to be one of those people. If you do not have much technical knowledge then there is nothing to worry about because we are going to tell you everything here.
Find your router IP address on Windows:
- Write the control panel on the search bar of your taskbar.
- The control panel option will appear to click on it and open it.
- Now go to the network and sharing center option.
- You will see the connection name infront of the “connections”, double click on it.
- Go to the details by clicking on it.
- The IP address will be shown as the default gateway.
Find your router IP address on Android:
- To find the IP address of your router in Android, you need to go to Settings and tap on Network and Internet.
- Then tap on Wi-Fi. Locate the network you are connected to and tap and hold on it, or manage its settings by clicking on the Settings icon;
- Now tap on Advanced dropdown. If you see an option for static or dynamic IP, then select a static option.
- Now you will see the IP address of your router under the gateway.
Follow these steps to log in to your router:
- Open the browser on your computer or whatever device you have chosen to work on.
- If your router is brand new and you have not changed the IP address of your router then enter the default IP of your router.
- You must now have a login page opened on your computer screen.
- Type and enter the default username and password of your router if the router is brand new.
- To reset the router you will need to arrange a toothpick or something thin like it.
- Now find the reset button of your router. Most router brands give it on the backside or the bottom side of the router.
- When you find that button, with the help of a toothpick or whatever you have chosen, press and hold that button for 10 seconds.
- When the time is over, release the button, after some time your router will restart automatically and you can use it normally.
Follow these steps to Change the Name/SSID of Your Router:
- To change the SSID of your router, you must first log in to the router.
- After logging into the router, you will have to go to the Settings option after the router.
- Then open the network settings.
- Now write the new SSID and save it.